ELECTRONIC MEDICUPPING™ Treatment
This therapy utilizes from very large to very small glass or plastic cups and a vacuum machine with multiple pumping modes to create suction on the body surface.
Before applying the cup, the therapist will apply oil or lotion to facilitate smooth movement.
Cupping therapy can be used to move stagnation, decrease or relieve pain and inflammation, separate and release deep muscular issues e.g. adhesions, release and soften scar tissue, lift and stretch soft tissue- connective tissue including muscle, fascia, tendons & ligaments, increase range of movement, improve circulation, open chest and lungs, and drain lymph fluids & clear drainage pathways, aid in the decongestion of “solid bloat”.
It is not an irritant to the skin or body and it draws inflammation out, yet not adds to it!
Cupping works by expanding the walls of the capillaries and increasing the amount of fluid entering and leaving the tissues. Increased local blood supply to the muscles and skin will bring nourishment and allow for toxins and accumulated waste to be carried away via the veins and lymphatic system.
The entire back may be treated including the neck, shoulders, middle and lower back, and sacral area, arms and hands. The hip and tight areas including lower legs and abdominal, also face may be treated and it feels just incredible and sedating.
Conditions of chronic and acute pain can be relieved within minimal discomfort and tense muscles softened quickly and easily.
CONDITIONS THAT RESPOND TO MEDICUPPING™ Treatment:
- Acute and Chronic Pain
- Athletic Stress & Injury
- Frozen Shoulder
- Golfers/ Tennis Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel
- Limited Mobility
- Muscle Spasms
- Migraine & Headaches
- TMJ- Jaw Dysfunction
- Scar Tissue
- Sinus Congestion
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neuralgia & Rheumatism
- Bursitis, Tendonitis & other Inflammatory Conditions
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Stagnant Lymph & oedema
- Poor circulation
- Sluggish Colon, IBS
- High Blood Pressure
- Pre- & Post-Operative Conditions
- Asthma & Pneumonia
- Phlegm & Cabernet Breathing
- Lung Inflammation & Congestion
Treatment is used safely on children, adults and elderly persons.
Clients are advised to drink water to hydrate the tissues before and after the treatment.
Avoid any chill or draft or excessive heat, hot showers, steam, sauna and exercise for 4-6 hours after treatment.
AFTER YOUR MEDICUPPING™ TREATMENT SESSION
- Drink plenty of the purest water you can find
- Do not exercise until the next day
- Avoid chills, drafts or excessive heat for 4-6 hrs.
- Avoid showers, steam, sauna until next day (use warm water only not hot)
- Do not receive other bodywork for 2-3 days as this could overload your system or complicate the work that was done.
- Remember that MediCupping™ therapy starts working on opening lymphatic pathways for those who have “solid bloat”, debris and congestion, or specific trauma to the tissue, often with dramatic results. Subsequent sessions clear deeper layers of old congestion and restriction to effect significant change in condition.
- Burning and itching sensations can occur. This can often indicate a renewed blood flow to the tissue or natural separation of old adhesions in fascia.
- Tune in to the messages your body sends, including in sleep patterns, appetite, thirst, mood, energy, elimination of fluids and solids, how clothes fit, digestion, breathing capacity, pain levels, endurance, recovery time (athletes) and any other changes that you notice.
- Call your therapist with any questions you might have.