Hopi ear candling or Thermal auricular therapy
Hopi ear candling originates from medical ceremonies performed by Native American Indian tribe known as the Hopis or Peace People. The candle is actually a hollow lined cotton tube, impregnated with beeswax, honey and therapeutic oils. Hopi ear candles act like a chimney, drawing away the vapour and any impurities from within the ear.
WHAT CAN IT TREAT?
Hopi ear candles may not be the first thing that you think of to treat ear, nose and throat problems, however the candles are used to treat many ailments, including migraine and headaches, glue ear in children, catarrh, sore throats, sinusitis, tonsillitis, flu and excessive ear wax. The treatment is suitable for children and is good alternative for people who have found syringing uncomfortable.
CONDITIONS THAT HOPI EAR CANDLES CAN IMPROVE:
- Excess/Compacted Ear Wax
- Glue Ear (excess build-up fluids)
- Rhinitis, Sinusitis
- Hay Fever, Sore throat
- Catarrh, Asthma
- Headache, Migraine
- Tinnitus & Noises/ Ringing in the Ears
- Regulation of pressure in Ears & Head
- Stimulation of Blood & Energy Flow, Lymphatic System & Metabolic Rate
- Calming and Relaxing in cases of Stress, Anxiety and Depression